<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005


Initial Response to the New Civic


Which can be seen here. This image is owned by Brenda Priddy, AND NOT ME. I am merely linking it.

I think the design of this Civic is akin to the design of the current generation Accord. It's not offensive, but it's not anything else either. The Civic is an enormous part of Honda. I expect there to be a little more daring, especially with this market segment heating up with new competition. The Civic no longer dominates the compact car class in America. I will withhold final judgment until I see the interior. But right now I'm a little disappointed.

Comments:
It's kinda like looking in Romper Room's Magic Mirror. I see Nissan and I see Chevrolet and I see Toyota....what I DON'T see is Honda. Nothing stands out. Kinda like the "Oldsmobuicks" from the dark days of the 80's and 90's.

This is really a good segway into your Retro column. While I disagree with your explaination for the failure of the new TBird (it was pretty uninspiring, acually), I agree with the idea that "different" sells. The new Hondas aren't and won't.

C.J.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?