<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Leaving for London

I've mentioned it before, but the day has finally come. I'm moving to England! I'm excited, I have a student graduate work visa in hand, and I hope to parlay that into an indefinite work visa of some sort. I've never really done anything like this before, the most daring thing I've done to date is move across the country to Boston for college for four years. Or maybe it was the time I drank 12 shots of tequila in college and passed out. Regardless I don't consider myself brave, even though terrorist attacks have recently struck this city. The hostel I'm staying at I've been told is in the Muslim section of London, but I really believe at this point so close to an attack, London is probably one of the safest cities in the world just because everyone there is on high alert. So, no, I'm not scared.

I'm looking for work in the auto industry there, and we'll see where that goes. For my readership, I'm actively looking to interview some people in that industry. I'm not promising anything, but if I can pull these interviews off it should be interesting for most of you who are Americans to get a taste of how the British see cars and the car industry. At least I think it's interesting.

I bought a digital camera, so at some point I'll be uploading my own photos of things. Of course they will be car related. If I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a car, I will do everything in my power to buy one that is not sold in American. Peugeots are looking really nice.

The blog will continue, even if I'm unable to get a job in the auto industry there in some capacity. It will take on a different tact, with more emphasis on teaching Americans what Europe is like in relation to the car, and how Europeans view cars. It will be a learning experience for me as well.

Well that's about it. If anyone in Britain has a need, or knows someone who has a need for a recent American law school graduate, let me know! I can tell real good water cooler yarns as well...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?