<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Something I Noticed

One thing I can't get over, is that even with oil being as cheap as it is in this country, the cars are still slightly smaller than in the US. There are still many European hatchbacks, very few pickup trucks, and all the taxis are FWD Toyota Camrys, not RWD Ford Crown Victorias.

While there is an incredible amount of building going on in this country, builders still prefer smaller Toyota pickups to gargantuan Ford F-150s. And yet in the US where there is far less construction being done, we see people adamant about commuting to and from work in huge, clean, empty F-150s and Silverados.

I really don't get it. I wonder sometimes if there is an oil shortage or an IQ shortage.

Comments:
I guess - particularly if one doesn't have kids - why get something more fuel-hungry and difficult to park than you really need?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?